Book One in the Quantum Lace series essentially sets the scene for all books that follow.
In doing my research for the book, I came across (and included) a number of fascinating elements, such as:
- Morgan Robertson really did publish a book on the sinking of the “unsinkable ship” that hit an iceberg fourteen years before Titanic;
- The edition of “The Time Machine” published by Holt, really did misspell Wells’ name as H.S. Wells and Wells’ address listed on the letter sent to Bridgit, was Wells’ actual address at the time;
- Lord Brassey really did go off to Australia to become Governor of Victoria and his first wife did die on board the ‘Sunbeam’;
- The quotes from Tesla’s presentation are actually verbatim of the words he uttered in 1892;
- …and the quantum physics mentioned is all real scientific fact as we know it today…